She Says, I Can Sing This Song So Blue
LA-UNDERGROUND: LOS ANGELES LOVES YOU
 
Monday, January 15, 2007
She Says, I Can Sing This Song So Blue


More still coming in...

MOZELLA

My top 10:
1. Volcano Tea (on Sawtelle and Olympic)-best shaved Ice ever!
2. Andrea LaHue- an AMAZING local painter/artist.
3. Le Saigon (in West LA)- The best Vietnamese food in LA.
4. Regina Spektor- really cool music.
5. El Cochinito- Rockin' Cuban food in Silver Lake!
6. MAC makeup
7. 'Little Miss Sunshine'.
8. Fresh tortillas that cook on the stove (they have them in ziplocks at Whole Foods- YUM!).
9. Tea Lattes from Coffee Bean.
10. Michael Sunga- Photography.

GHOST TOWN JENNY

1.LEARNING A NEW LANGUAGE. I have been learning Icelandic for almost 4 months now, and am going to be going to school this summer in Reykjavík. Learning a new language makes me look at the languages I already know in different light. It's refreshing and inspiring in all apsects of my life, especially my music.

2. LEARNING A NEW INSTRUMENT. I am learning how to play the saw...its beautiful. Writing songs with it is like writing with two voices.

3. GETTING A NEW JOB. I teach ukulele and beginning piano at a music school in costa mesa called the music factory OC. (http://www.themusicfactoryoc.com/)

4. PLAYING SHOWS AT THE PORTFOLIO CAFE IN LONG BEACH. There is something about that place. I dont know if it's the sound, or the location or what, but me and my friends love to play there...the long beach club scene in general has nice places to play.

5. Medúlla by Björk (i know it came out in 2004, but i only really discovered it this year.)

6. Meeting and working with Matt adams (creator/writer of the blank tapes). He is very inspiring to me. His general approach to music is very calm, and his end results are amazing.

7. MY MOTHER. She is very strong. I think (or hope) it's rubbing off on me.

MIRANDA LEE RICHARDS

"Hmmm....I sort of laid low in '06, but I did manage to make it out for some 'strategic events,' as I call them.

I saw the Pretenders @ The House of Blues this year and that was hands down one of the best shows I have ever seen. I also heard Roger Water's live version of 'Dark Side of the Moon' float over the hill to my Beachwood Canyon home from the Hollywood Bowl. While I wasn't there, that was supposed to really be the best show ever.

The Downtown Art Walk, which is the second Thursday of every month, is also worth going to. I checked out some great galleries in the 'revitalized' downtown area. Just make sure you finish before dark.

Labels:

  Blog