...Till the Mornin' Comes Creepin'
LA-UNDERGROUND: LOS ANGELES LOVES YOU
 
Thursday, October 07, 2004
...Till the Mornin' Comes Creepin'
Sure, there were many options last Tuesday... Bloc Party... Future Pigeon... Snow Patrol... Cattle Decapitation (I'm quite positive I'm a bigger CatDecap fan than most)... Cake... Joss Stone... and that phat lineup at the Key Club, but as many of you know there are a few artists that take precedence over everybody, and Gregory Page is one of them. I'll try to refrain from soliloquizing about his music (again), but I do deeply respect his work quite a lot. If that weren't enough, Tom Brosseau, Angela Correa, and Gus Black rounded off the week's lineup, the first of Tom's month-long residency at Tangier. The trio of Page, Brosseau, and Correa is a revelation unto itself. Every song seemed to resonate like a kiss on the forehead, gentle and sweet... I won't get into a lengthy review although the show was easily one of the best of the year (despite being burdened with time constraints.) I only suggest that you try to make it to one of the others.

Happy Birthday, Angela

Photos removed for bandwidth. Contact me if you'd like copies or go to http://la-underground.textamerica.com/.
  Blog