They Were Young and Brave
LA-UNDERGROUND: LOS ANGELES LOVES YOU
 
Tuesday, September 28, 2004
They Were Young and Brave
Sorry, I don't read Rolling Stone. So, seriously, I had no idea The Bravery were just picked as "One To Watch For" in one of their latest issues alongside The Dears, Rilo Kiley, and Fall Out Boy (?). Anyway, I heard about this band awhile back when a friend from NYC said something about them. She's a smart girl and knows more about music in her little left toe than, well, my right big toe. She also tells me they just signed to Island with WMA already in place so apparently they're good... Well, they are. There is no doubt about that. Post modern disco punk blah blah blah. They've got NME/Melody Maker covers written all over them with "Move Over Strokes, The Bravery Is Here" as a headline. They'll probably hate that. Still, I sat back and enjoyed their tunes, each of which had huge choruses, the kind that bloom like the cherry blossom's in Brooklyn. With a rather likeable NYC bravado, Endicott pranced around like he'd done this before. Ladies seemed to be caught up in his unhumanly good looks... he looks liked the offspring of Adam Ant and John Cusack to me. I'd keep a keen ear out for this band. Rolling Stone, Island Records, Adam Ant notwithstanding.


Photos removed for bandwidth. Contact me if you'd like copies or go to http://la-underground.textamerica.com/.
  Blog