Bronx Blows Hung Jury
LA-UNDERGROUND: LOS ANGELES LOVES YOU
 
Monday, September 27, 2004
Bronx Blows Hung Jury
Good times were had by all last Saturday when 400 Blows, The Bronx, and The Pope teamed up for some nighttime lullabies and haiku reading at Hanging Jury in what we described last week as the show to see. Arrived just as The Pope grabbed the stage where they proceeded to bless the procession with a stunning set of riffy dronecore. I was so elated by this band that I didn't realize my ears were bleeding. Didn't have much time to recover when The Bronx plugged in. Playing their last local show before going out on tour with The Used (don't hate), they broke out the chart toppers before clearing the way for the Blows. The severity of a 400 Blows show is quite possibly beyond anything you've ever seen and heard. I've loved this band for many years, traveling up and down the coast on their jaunts with At the Drive In, Tongue, or The Bronx. All the while losing my hearing at every stop. They'll be playing again with The Pope at the Silverlake Lounge on 10/14. Trust me, it'll be worth going deaf.


Photos removed for bandwidth. Contact me if you'd like copies or go to http://la-underground.textamerica.com/.
  Blog