Guess Who's Back
LA-UNDERGROUND: LOS ANGELES LOVES YOU
 
Monday, July 19, 2004
Guess Who's Back
Arrived back in Los Angeles in good time with half the insect population encrusted on my windshield to prove it. Went down to Westwood for a bit to visit a friend and stopped by the Acoustic Live showcase at Westwood Brewery. Hoped to catch Quincy and Joe Purdy but they were running behind so we left early for the Wiltern to catch a bit of Ozma. I had just taken my little brother to see this tour the night before in Santa Cruz so I really didn't need to stay for the whole thing. However, Ozma is always worth a visit. Roberto Carmine's uncle Francis Ford Coppola and members of The Donnas were sitting VIP. Galvez mentioned Allison Robertson was dating Taylor Locke of Rooney so that explains that. Left a few songs into Rooney's set for the Chapin Sisters at Vine. Nice. Never been to this club before and I like it. It's supposed to be some hip fondue bar but everyone seemed nice. I wish they'd post their lineups somewhere though. Before heading to The Echo, my intestines suddenly reminded my I hadn't eaten since the Rice Krispy treat I nibbled on while passing Coalinga (you know, that stretch on Highway 5 where all you smell is manure from that whole hillside of cows). So I stopped by Zankou. At The Echo, The Colour were celebrating the release of "The Colour is Out and About." They open for Dios and Earlimart on 7/31 at the Troubadour. Good to be back.

Photos removed for bandwidth. Contact me if you'd like copies
  Blog