Vroom to Key Club
LA-UNDERGROUND: LOS ANGELES LOVES YOU
 
Wednesday, June 09, 2004
Vroom to Key Club
Took some people out to the Vroom to see Kate Havnevik and Verra Cruz showcase for head honchos at labels. Kate Havnevik reminds me of Emma Bunton in the body of Amy Lee. She's not horrible if you like softcore gothereal stuff. I'd be surprised if a major picked her up since she's more fit for something like V2 or Nettwerk. Verra Cruz seems perfectly fit for Atlantic Records. You know, one of those generally mediocre bands destined for soundtrack hit greatness. The songs aren't bad and the band is actually pretty talented but we've heard these songs before... Killed some time at the Key Club. Good to see the kids supporting local bands. Walked by the Roxy and the Whisky where hardcore and death metal fans took breathers out on the sidewalk. I almost got my ass beat by a girl with face piercings and a Christina Aguilera t-shirt. She probably wanted to date me though.
Comments:
Hey buddy!

I happend to be at the same gig at the Vroom... and I think your description of Kate is pretty unfair. I actually found this page because I was looking for her name and what's she's up to as I happend to like her stuff pretty much. You should check out her website at www.katehavnevik.com
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
  Blog