Swan Tea
LA-UNDERGROUND: LOS ANGELES LOVES YOU
 
Thursday, June 17, 2004
Swan Tea
Long day with clients ended with a nice, little show back at Tempest. I think I've been to this club more times in the last few days than the previous five years. Quite literally back when Autour de Lucie once played there. In any case, Sierra Swan and Chromosome Tea were the featured performers of the night.

Fresh off of being another casualty in a growing number of artists being dropped from majors, Sierra Swan probably won't have to wait long before someone smart comes along and notices this fine performer. I believe I once saw her at Largo open for somebody but I can't recall much of it for some reason. Still, she has a voice that somewhat reminds me of Holly McNarland and Abby Travis, throaty and powerful yet with a type of control and ease only found in a born performer. She plays again this Sunday at the Dragonfly with a full band. I advise you to be there.

Chromosome Tea is pretty good pop/punk in the vein of Letters To Cleo, The Muffs and when lead singer Michelle Waters and guitarist Ai Ball double the vocal, The Go-Go's. Didn't catch any of the song names but apparently they're being played on Indie 103.1 (who isn't?) so you might hear them there. Or check them out at the M Bar on July 3rd. By the way, don't mind that their website is using that old Tripod music template from like 1999. As blasphemous as it is, I would offer to do their website for them for free if I wasn't already backloaded 22 websites -- I finish 3 this week.

Photos removed for bandwidth. Contact me if you'd like copies

  Blog