Seeing Triplets
LA-UNDERGROUND: LOS ANGELES LOVES YOU
 
Monday, June 14, 2004
Seeing Triplets
Had to meet up with a client in Pasadena that lasted way too long so I nearly missed The Haden Triplets again on Sunday at the Echo. Pretty shocked to see a fairly empty room considering it was an early show and it was free but your loss Los Angeles. These girls are quite simply the most talented sisters I can think of (be quiet Breeders fans). The three part harmonies are one thing but the songwriting itself is superb. When telling people about the Hadens I always recount one particular show with just Rachel and Petra at the Silverlake Lounge, Petra's first performance after getting hit by a car in Venice. I'm not ashamed to admit it, I was almost in tears and the hair on the back of my neck was standing on end. Now, just think when you add Tanya to this and what you get is some of the best music I have ever heard. Ever. Heard.

Photos removed for bandwidth. Contact me if you'd like copies
  Blog