Los Angeles, mi amor
LA-UNDERGROUND: LOS ANGELES LOVES YOU
 
Monday, June 28, 2004
Los Angeles, mi amor
Nothing much to report... been working longer hours than usual. Had to go around Los Angeles today to take a bunch of stock photos for a site we're building. So I drove around all weekend taking pictures of inanimate objects. I'm not going to wax poetic about how transcendent it can be to observe the beauty of still life but I can say that it's always nice to just walk around LA and look at things... Do it sometime. And while you're at it, listen to the new Ray Lamontagne. I mentioned him in January but after finally listening to the disc (due in September), I will say now that he will be on everyone's year-end "Best of" lists. And so will the new Fiona Apple, which Fritz has been playing on and off during intermissions at Largo. By the way, there are several good shows this week: Autolux, Kate Earl, Concrete Blonde...

Photos removed for bandwidth. Contact me if you'd like copies
  Blog